Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What are We Up To?

eight things i did today:

*slept in until eleven thirty (kyle is so nice to take care of addison for me in the morning. i am going to miss that when he goes to work monday)
*cleaned the house (more or less delegated the cleaning)
*went grocery shopping (yeck!)
*loved on my baby (funny thing. in the shower today i bit her cute, little butt. and then i made a little growl. don't worry, it was a clean BABY butt. and i didn't bite it hard, but she made the cutest little pout and then cried. so i comforted her and then shaped my fingernails like my mouth and pinched her butt. at the same time, i growled again. i made sure i was softer than before, but still her little lip came out and she cried. maybe it just scared her, but it was so cute!)
*made dinner (lemon chicken: DIVINE)
*made homemade ice cream (peach, also divine)
*more cleaning
*cuddled with my hubbs (love him!)

kyle and i are babysitting again. this time for my parents. my dad gets home friday, but maybe we'll stay a few extra days and help out with my sisters until mom returns. they can be hard. speaking of them, i am very proud. they have seen my chore chart i made for them and have helped to keep the house in shape with hardly any sass. they want to see harry potter this weekend too much too sass or not do their chores. threatening their ticket does wonders. nice.

i think that tomorrow i am going to make orange rolls. delicious. in my opinion, which is the only opinion that matters, orange rolls are the best and are WAY better than cinnamon rolls. don't get me wrong, i love a good cinnamon roll on christmas morning, but the sugar on those things can be overpowering. besides citrus is the way to go in the summer. i have been craving them for a while. want to join? if you are near sossaman and the 60 tomorrow, come on over. you can finish off your hot roll with leftover peach ice cream. homemade, i swear. imagine. hot and tangy, then cold and sweet. perfect. dang, i just remembered that i am about a pound away from my weight goal. not that i have been dieting OR exercising. in fact, i don't even know why i am loosing the weight. but i am not complaining. nor am i going to start eating better tomorrow, so come over.

oh, and just a random thought. i have come across many craft ideas lately and want to try them out, but i need a crafting buddy. anyone want to help me out with that? i admit i am not the most creative, crafty person but i would love to try. ladies, you all know that it is more fun to do this kind of thing with someone rather than on you own. so come on over and we'll break out the glue guns. bring a friend or two with you and we will have a party.

3 comments:

Possibly Joe said...

You have lots of girls in the ward, including me that like to do crafts? Do you have one any mind that you want to do. Call me I'd love to craft with you!

Laurel said...

I do pretty much every craft imaginable and am always up for new ideas and someone to do them with. You and Addison are always welcome to come hang out with us. Your orange rolls sound amazing, although I am a die hard cinnamon girl. Have a great day.

Jen Olson Brown said...

Great butt munching story! I love it when Moms can admit their unending affections to their kids... even if it means they get hugs and kisses all day. Great post.