Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Sunday, December 6, 2009
2. i participated in black friday. not the getting up early - heaven knows i love my sleep - but i did go shopping that day. jen and i hit up two tuesday morning stores. i bought a standing plant, (they go everywhere.) i also bought kyles christmas gift. i spotted it at the second location we went to and showed jen. she loved it too. because of a manufacturers flaw, i got it for 15% off - i do love me a good bargain!
3. i am so thankful my dad is still here on this earth. one year ago december 3rd, he had a heart attack. i was pregnant with addison and all i could think about was if my sweet baby would be able to meet my father. it was one of the scariest days of my life. looking back on this year that we have been blessed with, i can't even begin to fathom it could have been without him. i am thankful for my many blessings - i love you daddy!
4. i gave addison her first trim the other night while she was bathing. it was hard getting her to hold still long enough for me to cut her hair the same length, but i think it turned out pretty well.
5. for those the few of you that didn't know, the mckays are moving to south chandler. my grandmother has a huge basement that she is nice enough to share with us. we will have our own entrance to a 2,200 sq ft, three bedroom, two bathroom, and 1 storage roomed basement with a HUGE backyard for addison! part of our agreement for living there is that we help fix up the place. the home was built only about eight years old, so the "fixing" part is more like painting and accessorizing it for my g-ma who doesn't enjoy doing that herself. uh, heck yes we'll do it! so i met my aunt jenel at home depot. an hour and a half later, we left with half of the stores paint swatches and instructions to pick my favorites and buy some samples. i have four samples which i will be trying out. we move in january so i will have it painted by then!
6. i finished my last two photoshoots that i was so concerned about getting done in time for the holidays. they both turned out beautiful. great news: my work is not only starting to pick up, but i have had to turn business down because i have had so much business. if that sounds mean to you, all well. i was able to see several photoshoots used as christmas cards and wedding announcements. i can't explain how exciting that is!
7. earlier this week addison started standing all by herself. everyday the length of time she can do it for increases as she proudly shows off her new trick. she knows that we say "yeah!" and clap for her and she loves the attention. she'll show off her bright smile before she stands now, waiting for us to praise her.
8. school is ending! kyle and i are wrapping it up for this semester and putting a boot in it. kyle has two finals to study for and i am putting together a picture slideshow for my final. the end is in sight, the end is in sight!
9. we have all been sick. i think addison had it the worst. fevers, coughing, throw up, aching, and the runs have all been enjoyed thoroughly - all of them by addison and only a few by kyle and i. addison and i still are coughing and poor kyle is just getting started with the list.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
the food, not including all the pie, which there was WAY too much of.
breckyn, stacia, kinsey, hailey, austin, maddison, addison, and me.
after we ate at the brown's, we went to kyle's parent's house to celebrate with his family. we brought harley with us to play with sadie and cinder. i guess all the cousisns think alike because four other dogs also came to the party making a total of seven dogs roaming the mckay home. dogs get special treatment with the mckay family. addison was in heaven and loved all the dogs except harley, who because she's still a puppy, was very hyper.
someone i have yet to find out brought rolls that were DIVINE. i think i stuffed four down my throat, pretty amazing considering i already ate with my side.
we didn't go to the mccleve's but we heard chantell brought a date named chad (page) who ended up being pretty helpful in kickball. awesome.
hope you had a great thankgiving too!
ps. happy birthday to jalee today, she is sweet 16!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Brittney was Elvira-Lynn Fekshin, the consummate that makes no bones about it, so to speak. She's known throughout the territory as the "purrty" saloon girl, there's even a famous saloon song about here- My Heart Burns for you, and Other Places.
Michelle was Butch Chastity , known as the first lady of outlaws. and head of a all woman gang of the west. She holds the record for the fastest stage coach robbing. Kirt was Cheif Braking Wind, a distinguished leader to the Cowpai tribe.
Laura was Helena Handcart, Mother of all thirteen handcart boys. She manages the family cattle business, and makes it know to everyone she meets that she owns half of the territory.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
so this is for jen, since she didn't get to see how precious her boys looked that day!
isaac crossed his foot on his own. he looked so mature, just leaning on the wall like a model for gymboree.
for more pictures check out my blog! brittneymckayphotography.blogspot.com
Saturday, November 7, 2009
the one above shows how sometimes she likes to completely stretch out. she was just over a month old and she looks so different to me. below is a bit more recent. she loves to put her face in her boppy or if there is a blanket, she will burrow underneath like a mole.
above: i love this one. she does this so often: falling asleep while holding on to the sides of her car seat. i is the funniest thing to see.
below: look at her precious fat rolls - or one big roll - on her arms. i could gobble them up with her cheeks!
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
she didn't know what the candy was but she loved all the colorful wrapping. her favorite new candies are suckers. she loves to suck on them and then dip them in the dirt or rub them on the wall and place them back in her mouth. i caught her with one of my keys the other day thinking it was a sucker, and crawling around with it in her mouth.
this sucker was her favorite. she found it and started sucking on it with the wrapper still on. when i took it to unwrap it for her she almost had a meltdown. you wouldn't know it by looking at her, but she has become a pro at those meltdowns by the way. i set her on the floor the other day. she started to cry and threw herself down on her stomach, with her head in her hands. during another one of these episodes she was crying on her arm. she stopped crying for a second and i saw one eye peek out to look at me, then she quickly put it back and continued to cry! she was wanting to know if i was paying attention to her tantrum, how smart. i had to try not to laugh because it was so cute. i LOVE being a mom.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
addison loved the rides she went on. this was the winnie the pooh ride on grandpa's lap. her favorite was the merry-go-round where she even went with no hand on her second turn!my favorite ride that i can remember from 15 years ago. it is the one i chose to go on first.