Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Kyle!

kyle,

i remember the first time i ever saw you in june of 2007. you were in the ballroom at nau and efy
was in session. i could tell you were a great counselor by the way you interacted with everyone around you. you had some crazy energy that whole week as you bounced down the halls and made sure your group had spirit. i remember thinking, " the poor girl who marries him, he's all over the place!"

michelle loved you as her counselor, and when she asked me to write on your facebook page and say hi for her, i was excited to write you a message. your reply came back, and i was so afraid that our conversation would end there. so i wrote you again, pretending michelle wanted me to. when you replied and asked for my number, i was shocked. excited. thrilled. and nervous. i was going to go on a date with a counselor. an efy COUNSELOR. you seemed so much older than me, with with much more experience in dating. i knew you were fun, and i was terrified to disappoint. i had a wonderful time that night.

i couldn't believe you liked me enough to ask me out again. but you did. over the next four months as we dated and got to know each other, i fell in love with you. i loved how you could make me laugh. you were so clever with the way you talked and i found myself laughing for days as i reflected on a single conversation or a look you gave. i loved that you had the ability to talk to anyone around you, even strangers, and be completely comfortable. you were great with kids of all ages, and it impressed me that you got along with my sisters so well. they still love you. that was very important to me. i saw you dig in with the work at your house and you even looked to be an extra help with things you thought needed to be done. you made chores fun. people who were normally considered "different" in society always had a friend in you. they knew to call you for a ride or a visit and you would be there. i appreciated the trails you had gone through and was amazed at how much stronger they made your spirit and testimony.

once i knew that i wanted to marry you, march 7th couldn't come fast enough. i had the jitters that whole week. in the temple i was so nervous that i nearly threw up, but when i saw you smile at me and take my hand, i knew everything was going to be fine. that day was perfect. i will never forget it.

in the whole year and ten months we've been married, we have accomplished so much. moving, going to school, counting pennies, and having a baby. and consequently, you have been the rock through it all. i have never doubted your ability to provide for our family or achieve anything you want in life. as i continue to get to know you better, sometimes what i learn drives me nuts, but i can never stay upset at you for long. i learned that you never let the small things get to you, which is completely opposite from me. you always encourage me to be more than i am. when it come to school or hobbies, you say if i want to do it, then i can. you help me see how i can accomplish my goals and road map a way for me to get there. you stick up for me and support me. you let me cry. you love me, and so much more.


i can't get enough of you and addison together.
you are so good to her. you are going to be a perfect doting father to all of our children - just like your dad. addison lights up when you get home each day and loves talking to you on the phone. i know a you'll always have a special place in her heart.



thank you for being the husband and father that you are. thank you for your love and patience. thank you for your service. i will forever be greatful i was the lucky girl that got to marry that energetic counselor from efy. i love to be with you and i am so excited to do just that for eternity. i hope you have a wonderful birthday! i love you so much.

with much love,
brittney

No comments: