Monday, October 12, 2009

Double the Fun


last tuesday for a birthday celebration, kyle, addison and i went to DISNEYLAND with kyle's parents. wednesday was my 21st birthday and it also happened to be kyle's dad's birthday too! mickey and i have been tight since we met when i was five, so he pulled some strings to get us in for free. don't you wish you had such a friend?! the five of us left tuesday night after kyle got off work and arrived in anaheim at 2:30 am. addison was great - she slept the whole way!

the weather was amazing - in the low 70's during the day and the 50's at night. great change from the summer heat. we had such a fun time together. i hadn't been to disneyland in fifteen years and many of the rides had changed or were completely new. kyle got really tired of me saying "COOL!" to everything. california adventure was awesome too. i love toon town!
i love roller coasters, even though i am scared of heights. but the one thing i refuse to ride at theme parks is free falls. tower of terror is a ride with a story that takes you to the twilight zone. the 11 story-high elevator is equipped with hydraulics to make you fall faster than the pull of gravity. just as kyle's dad got our fast passes, i started to feel sick and decided not to go. while kyle's parents got in line, kyle began to try to persuade me to go with him next. he wasn't nearly as pushy as he usually is with something he wants me to do, which told me how badly he wanted me to go with him. when he finally gave up, he sent me to find some food. i came back and he was gone with his dad on the ride. i felt bad (why do i always feel bad when he is trying to make me do something i don't want to do?) so when he was done i told him i would go with him. i got so nervous that i made myself sick, but i went. yes, i had fun. my face was so funny we had to get a picture. notice how everyone loved the fall except me. we are in the middle:here is a close up of our faces. i thought i was going to die with every drop. this was the highest one that lets you look over the whole theme park!
addison loved the rides she went on. this was the winnie the pooh ride on grandpa's lap. her favorite was the merry-go-round where she even went with no hand on her second turn!my favorite ride that i can remember from 15 years ago. it is the one i chose to go on first.
i got a birthday tag to wear around disneyland - it's amazing how many birthday people were there.

if you go soon, make sure to get clam chowder in a delish sourdough bowl. you won't regret it! oh and tell mickey hi for me!

4 comments:

lisa said...

TJ forced me to ride the Tower of Terror, too...and I totally had a panic attack and cried. No joke. That ride is horrible!

Laurel said...

Happy belated birthday! Glad you had a fun time (other than the Tower...)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you guys got to go and have a fun time!

Jen Olson Brown said...

Its too bad we missed each other in Disneyland by just a few days. Next time we'll coordinate. Glad you had a fun time!