Sunday, January 10, 2010

Harley Puppy Dog

I was looking though some of our family pictures and wanted to share some of these.
A few months ago Uncle Carson suprised us one night by taking us back to his bedroom and showing us the cutest little boxer puppy I've ever seen. Harley and I soon became great friends. She was full of energy and loved to play and then she would turn around and be the best little cuddle bug ever.
Harley was surprisingly obedient for a little puppy dog. When we took her on a family walk we couldn't find a leash so we put her in the back of Addison's stroller. She was soon excited by the new sights and sounds and wanted to walk on her own. I letter her out and she stayed no more than 20 feed behind or ahead of us and would come right when we called her.
We enjoyed watching movies together, taking naps, and playing outside.
A couple of weeks ago Harley had quite the adventure and so did we. On new years day she escaped out the front gate and was lost. We frantically looked for her all over the neighborhood.
We posted dozens of signs, talked to neighbors, and searched the streets up and down for her. Luckily though we got a lead from an animal hospital nearby that someone had dropped off a boxer puppy and they had animal control come pick her up. I spent that afternoon waiting at the animal shelter for the truck to return from the route. When I saw the truck pull up and watched them take Harley out my heart was relieved. Poor dog had quite the adventure.

1 comment:

Jen Olson Brown said...

Kyle and Brittney- You guys really pulled through in finding her! Thank you so much for answering my prayers while I was so far away! We miss you guys and so does Harley!!!