Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ending 2010

we rang in the new years at my parents' home where my sisters were hosting a party. they had a lot of fun food made when we got there and i took the opportunity to eat as much of the homemade spinach dip and salsa as i could. all the furniture had been moved from the family room and into the living room to create enough space to play their xbox connect. the living room was made into a movie theater where the new release inception was projected onto the wall.

at midnight everyone at the party followed my parents to light their fireworks on top of their black barrel. a few other neighbors on the street did the same thing, but not too many people were outside surprisingly. after my dad had lit all of his fireworks, (not the most amazing display, but the stores aren't allowed to sell the good stuff, bummer) porter mclaws asked my dad to light his firework - a cherry bomb he smuggled from mexico. of course my dad did, and as he was quickly walking away from the cherry bomb it exploded, sending out a huge aftershock that pushed him forward. the noise was huge and i was shocked that such a small thing made such a big bang.

after everyone left, kyle and i were too tired to leave so we spent the night. addison of course loved every minute of it. the next day michelle and jesse came over with their puppy jet whom addison loves. so cute to see them play together.

some goals i have for myself this year are:
  1. organize my time better. i have so much time that i waste everyday with things that aren't productive. if i prioritize my list of to do's i will be successful with the rest of my goals so this is the most important one to me.
  2. lead a healthier lifestyle. while i have an idea of how much weight i'd like to lose, i'm going to focus more on preparing healthier meals and exercising several times a week.
  3. going along with preparing healthier meals, my next goal is to come up with a meal plan for dinner every week so we can eat a healthy dinner as a family. family dinner is important to kyle and i, and making this a habit now will make it easier when my kids are grown to keep it up.
  4. exercise. specifically, running. right now i am a couch potato. i wasn't active at all while pregnant with charlene but i hope to change that. as a senior in high school i ran cross country and our meets were always three miles long. i hope to work up to jogging three to five miles several times a week. this will prepare me for a half marathon i want to run at the end of the year.
  5. play with my girls and go on more dates with my cute hubby. spending quality time with my family all together and one on one with each of them. kyle gave me a dating jar of ideas for christmas in 2009 and we hardly ever used it. i would love to change that. of course i will try to document as much as i can with my lens.

this is gonna be a great year.

No comments: