Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pregnancy Blubberings

so pretty much kyle and i are cheap and love to be frugal (although he wouldn't agree that i am frugal because he complains about my grocery bill). kyle gets excited and makes us budget worksheets that are followed for a while until we forget about them and then he'll get excited and make another. we hardly ever go out to eat, mooch off our parents all the time - because hey, what else are they around for - and i used gift cards from our wedding to buy all of kyle's christmas gifts.

so when this past saturday came around and i suggested we go maternity clothes shopping, i was kinda surprised when he was okay with it. we headed out to the chandler mall and stopped only in barnes and noble book store before going to motherhood. i have always dreamed about being pregnant since i was little and loved playing with my baby dolls. i even was video taped trying to nurse my cloth baby doll by lifting my dress and placing her on my chest. now that i am really pregnant, i love dressing up and showing off my very pregnant belly. but, it's so hard to love being pregnant in non-maternity wear. well, i do have some, but they are a limited supply. because i have grown so huge in the last month, i was down to only four shirts for a seven day week. in fact, those four shirts aren't even maternity, they're baby doll style so they fit fine. i am tired of stretching out my nice non pregnancy cloths.
back to shopping. so we walked into motherhood and took everything off the clearance and sales racks that were size small. kyle was so sweet and helped me try on everything and put all of the hangers back on, something i hate to do. i asked him while trying on more shirts if he hated shopping and if he was wanting to bolt of of the store and he told me it wasn't his favorite thing, but he was ok and liked being with me. that sure made me love him a lot more.

we picked four items from the first go-around of the store and then went for a second. kyle probably thought there was no more to find and try on, but i found just as many shirts the second time. kyle was passing a rack and saw a dress that he fell in love with for me and insisted i try it on too. when we left, i had two new shirts and the dress kyle found - he wouldn't let me leave without it even though i went to buy shirts. he gets so funny sometimes. it made me laugh.

the next night, we ended up going over to grandma brown's and i got some more cloths from courtney. you may think i am dumb because i only have three and a half weeks left, but who doesn't want to look cute in the last inning? plus i have my shower coming up. and i plan on having another baby in the not too distant future.

maderma scar cream. i heard that it works for stretch marks so i bought some today and all i can say is that it had better work. i paid $23.57 for a 1.76 oz tube. i was so mad when i saw the price, i almost didn't get it. i text kyle and told him the ridiculous price and he said to get it. that's how bad he wants my stretch marks gone. remember how i said i got really big this last month? yeah, stretch marks. when people would ask me if i had any, i would say no because i could only see the upper half of my tummy. one night, about a week and a half ago, i got a hand held mirror and was so mad to see what looked like three little scars on the right side of my tummy, just below my belly button. i don't even want to say how many i have now, probably more than triple that first amount. and not all of them are staying so tiny. makes me want to cry. hopefully the mederma works.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad you got to go clothes shopping (that dress is really cute!) and good job to Kyle for being so sweet about it! I'm excited for you guys!

The Atomic Mom said...

WEll, I can tell you from my own experience, that when your baby is born, the strech marks will the least of your worries....believe me. However, good luck with the mederma. I've just resigned myself to the fact that my stomach will forever look like a Jackson Pollack painting...ohhhh modern art.

Anyway, good luck with your baby. I suggest having a few things on hand for when you get home from the hospital: at least 2 boxes of tucks pads, 2 tubes of preperation H, a can of dermoplast, your favorite box of feminine supplies, and the hot/cold breast packs for when you milk comes in -- because it does hurt even if you are like me and never really made much milk. I would also get some pacifiers and the clips....you will want the clips. And if you have not gone to Sams or Costco and bought wipes, then do it, they are by far the most economical solution to wiping you babe's bottom. Oh, and take home everything they give you at the hostpital, even if you think you won't need it. James hates the bathtub, so I sponge bathe him with a little basin they gave me at the hospital. It's totally saved our life. Really finally, bring some extra onesies to the hospital. James barfed all over the three they had for him, and I'd brought extra clothes for him just in case...they turned out to be a lifesaver.

Unknown said...

You are so beautiful pregnant, its been fun watching your belly grow. You guys will be great parents and its sweet that Kyle doesn't care what you guys do as long as its together! And if the dress you just got was the one you wore at church on Sunday it was awesome on you!