Friday, January 30, 2009

The End Is Drawing Near

yea! i am so excited!! i was over at carson and jen's when the doorbell rang. i went to answer it and saw a u.p.s. truck driving away through the window. i opened the door and what do i see? one graco box, staring at me! i told jacob and isaac that they should be so excited for me and once i explained the contents of the box, they were genuinely happy for me. each of them was a helper taking the box to my place in the guest house. who know a stroller/car seat could be so heavy? they helped me open the box and unload the contents and told me how i should put it together and how of course their dad could do it when he got home because he can do anything. i had to agree.

so kyle thinks that now that i have everything we need for the baby - the stroller was the last thing - he says i should be done with the nesting phase of cleaning out all the drawers in our house and organizing everything. i tried to explain that i am a little o.c.d. and have done this my whole life and that it wasn't going to stop anytime soon. but he is convinced, if only for his own sanity, that i will only be like this in preparation for the baby. little does he even know, i'm just getting started. (although i have to admit, i have been going into overdrive the last month of pregnancy and will return to my normal o.c.d. self once i have the baby.

speaking of baby mckay, have you seen how big she is inside of me? go and take a look at the widget that counts down the days for me near the top left of my blog. only 16 today. wow! it's so amazing. i can't believe something that big can fit inside my tummy. can't wait until i can finally meet her. and even though this might sound crazy, i don't feel scared or nervous about the birth. it just doesn't seem real to me. why not? you mean since i do have this crazy big belly that twitches every few hours or less, how is that not real enough? i dunno, but i'm probably in for the greatest shocker of my life. can't wait!

this photo at the right shows how i see my belly everyday. isn't it huge?! it totally looks fake in this pic.

1 comment:

Jen Olson Brown said...

This is so great. I think if we all know the change that comes, we'd never have kids... except if we could only comprehend the joy and love that fills our lives, we'd have them when we're 12. So yes Brit- I think you're alright in not believing its real. I didn't even know that I didn't quite get it until I was holding my first for the first time and wanted to ask everyone, "Why didn't you tell me?" I mean, the worth of one soul hits you in the face when that soul is relying entirely on you. Just wait. You will see. :-)