Saturday, May 16, 2009

McKAY TRADITION LIVES ON!


Since my cousins and I were little, we've always loved it when someone in the family would get married. The gathering together, the food, the dancing were some of the things that we enjoyed, but the real reason why we loved weddings was trashing the Bride and Groom's car! It's what we lived for and were bred for. It all started when with our cousin Marie marrying Matt. We were young and new the the whole car trashing gig. We were too little to go to the store and buy supplies so we improvised. We raided the church's custodial closet and found a large stash of TP and paper towels. We then scoured all the garbage's around and came up with a some soda cans and string. With a little bit of wedding cake ( ok maybe it was more than a little) we were set! Matt's little ford truck was soon covered in TP, with cake smashed all over, and some cans tied to the back. Since then we've improved with each wedding. When it came my turn my cousins got me pretty bad. They had opened my sunroof and fill my car to the very top with balloons, crumpled newspaper, and shredded paper. When I opened the door for Brittney there was a landslide! We could hardly find room to get in. Today my cousin Bobby got married to Stephanie and I can say we've perfected the art of car trashing. We were armed with balloons, streamers, oreos, saran wrap, news paper, shredded paper, wedding cake...... ect. This time we tried something a little new. We lined his truck bed with a painters tarp and then filled the bed with water. We added some rubber ducks, toy boats, and some foam noodles just for fun. It was our best job yet! Everyone was in awe by our artistic genius. I think Bobby and Stephanie were even more awestruck. Topping that will be difficult, but we are up to the challenge.

1 comment:

The Atomic Mom said...

Kyle...you remember it wrong...I bought all the car stuff when Matt and Marie got married...silly boy!