Tuesday, November 30, 2010

No Labor Yet

38 weeks tomorrow! i went to the doctor today and he stripped my membranes for me. totally forgot to ask him what i was dilated to and now it's KILLING me curious! doc made an appointment for me to be induced at the hospital on sunday (december 5th) at 10 pm. so this baby will probably be born sometime monday morning. ideally, i will go into labor on my own, but having fears of recovering like last time, i'm fine with delivering a week and a half early.

addy was so funny at the appointment. she usually cries when the nurse takes my blood pressure thinking that they are hurting me, and sobs "MOMMY!" today, though she was very calm and kept a close eye on me, watching my reaction to getting my blood pressure taken. later, after doc left the room, addison, who watched everything the doc did, walked over to me and lifted the over sized napkin from my lap to see what the doctor was looking at! from her angle she could only see up to my knees, but it it made me laugh. kyle got embarrassed even though we were alone and told me to not let addison do that. it didn't bother me though, i thought addison mimicking the doctor was so cute and hilarious! when she saw me laugh, she started to laugh too and i had to kiss her.

so far today (11 pm now) i have jumped on the tramp and walked a little with no obvious change. i've had only two small braxton hicks contractions the whole day! i knew not to get my hopes up from my experience with addison when i still had to be induced almost a week after my membranes were stripped. hopefully i won't have to wait and go on pitocin!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Good luck! We are excited to meet the newest little McKay baby! We are partial to December Birthdays in our family...take your pick...Bennett is the 6th, Haley the 10th, and Tia the 12th. Having a baby during the Christmas season really makes you appreciate why we celebrate this special time of year! Good luck to Kyle in finals!