Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Time Is Ticking...

well, i still haven't had my baby girl yet, but maybe that's not a bad thing. on thursday night (feb 12) kyle got sick with a fever, backaches, chills, and a sore throat. every night since, he has steadily gotten worse, until finally on sunday he broke out with white looking chicken pox all over his tongue, gums, and lips. he can't eat anything salty or surgery because it stings his sores so bad. he is so miserable. if i had had the baby already i would've been scared to keep her at home with kyle being so sick. she is much safer inside my tummy. maybe addison and heavenly father know best when she needs to come.
but still, i went to the doctor today at noon. i am at least 5 cm dilated - probably more like 6 cm he said - and effaced like tissue paper. he told me i am ideal for delivering right now. so i got my membranes stripped and scheduled an appointment for tomorrow morning at seven thirty. i just have to make sure that the hospital isn't too full before i go. i have been having contractions since, closer than usual, but they aren't painful at all meaning they probably aren't the kind i need to put me into labor.
i really feel torn about going into labor right now. i want to so bad, but this is such a special time and i want kyle to be there feeling great so he can enjoy every minute of our first baby. i could be going walking and things to speed it up, but i feel so bad that kyle can't be part of everything. he just now told me though that he is feeling a lot better. (he has been taking prescription medication for strep throat as well as advil). he also just said that if i have the baby tomorrow, he thinks he'd be okay.
so i'm going to go walking right now with my mom, in hopes to start something for tomorrow. can't wait. wish me luck!

1 comment:

marie said...

Hi!
This is marie (One of Kyles McKay cousins) I found your blog through someone in the family. i just wanted to wish you good luck and I hope everything goes well during labor. I am sure you and Kyle will do great!